Data Collection and Reporting
2006-07 and Beyond
Program Schedule is the schedule of the educational program in which a student is enrolled. While most district educational programs operate on a similar schedule, certain educational programs have significantly different schedules especially programs for younger students.
NOTE: This field and codes below are valid for ISES purposes beginning with 2006-07 ISES Count Date Records and only if grade level placement is KG or K4.
|437 Hours K4 No Outreach||50K4N||Student is enrolled in a K4 program that meets each week for the entire school term and has at least 437 hours of direct pupil instruction, exclusive of Title I time. No outreach.|
|437 Hours K4 With Outreach||50K4||Student is enrolled in a K4 program that meets each week for the entire school term and has at least 437 hours of a combination of direct pupil instruction and outreach activities. School may apply up to 87.5 scheduled hours of outreach activities towards the 437 hour total.|
|Half-day KG||50KG||Student is enrolled in a KG program that schedules at least 437 hours of direct pupil instruction during the school term. A program of this type usually meeting for half of a full day every day but other configurations can be utilized. 2|
|524.5 Hours K4 With Outreach||60K4||Student is enrolled in a K4 program that meets each week for the entire school term and has at least 437 hours of direct pupil instruction plus at least 87.5 hours of outreach activities for a minimum total of 524.5 hours, exclusive of Title I time. The school shall not substitute instructional time for outreach activities.1|
|3-Day Per Week KG||60KG||Student is enrolled in a KG program that meets for 3 full days each week for the entire school term.|
|4-Day Per Week KG||80KG||Student is enrolled in a KG program that meets for 4 full days each week for the entire school term.|
|5-Day Per Week KG||100KG||Student is enrolled in a KG program that meets for 5 full days each week for the entire school term.|
|Blended KG Program||VARKG||Student is enrolled in a KG program in which the structure of the full term program varies from the first semester to the second semester or in which the structure of the weekly program varies from day to day.|
USES: Program schedule data collected through ISES will be used for unofficial Preliminary Membership reporting beginning in 2006-07. The ISES Preliminary Membership Reports will be designed to help districts see the relationships between ISES and the PI-1563 and to facilitate local use of ISES data for PI-1563 purposes. Use of these ISES Reports for this purpose will be optional. Districts must continue to submit official head counts as part of the PI-1563 Pupil Count. Program Schedule is also used for early childhood program purposes.
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS ABOUT PROGRAM SCHEDULE
- "Full-day" KG means the length of the school day for pupils in the first grade of the school operating the KG program.
- There is a list of potential outreach activities.
- 4-year old students who are enrolled in a K4 program and also receive special education services should be counted in the K4 program. If that student's K4 program includes sufficient outreach activities, the student may be counted in the 524.5+ K4 program. A student's additional special education services, however, does not take the place of outreach activities and cannot convert the 437 hour K4 program to one of 524.5 hours. See also s.121.004(7)(cm), Wis. Stats.
- Five-year old students in a 1/2 day KG program may qualify in be counted as full-day KG students if in addition to their KG program they are enrolled in a special education instructional program such as EC, CD, LD, etc.
- Special education services such as OT, PT, speech, or vision are not instructional programs and cannot convert a 1/2 day KG prgram to a full day program. Example: A student enrolled in 1/2 day KG who also receives speech services can be counted only in the 1/2 KG program. On half-day KG program with the addition of special education related services, may not be counted as a 3, 4, or 5 full day program.
- For more information about minimum scheduled days and hours of direct pupil instruction and, for 4-year-old kindergarten, substitution of outreach activities, see s.121.02(1)(f), Wis. Stats.
WSLS, ISES, and Membership